Pages

11.12.2015

My New Filofax

Hey There,

Today has been an exciting day in the Hales House. I brought down most of our Christmas decorations and began setting up my vignettes to see what needs to be filled in. We have family coming in for Thanksgiving so I have plans to put them to work on house lights as soon as I can. My goal is to put our tree up on Black Friday so it will be like they get to celebrate both holidays with us. I think it a good plan, let's hope it works out.


Now on to the real reason of this post, my new Filofax Compact Sage Botanics. I have wanted a Filofax as soon as I learned about them but never felt I could justify the cost when I had perfectly good Day Timers and Franklin Coveys. I mentioned in my last post how I spent time browsing eBay for a new to me Filofax and found a perfect match. I'm very grateful to the seller because she accidentally posted it for $15 without auction and honored her listing. I offered to pay for shipping but she declined. On top of all that, she included paperclips, dividers, project life cards, and even some Filofax note paper.


I lived in her setup for a couple weeks until I finally had a pretty good idea how I wanted to set it up for my current needs. I knew I wanted to DIY all my inserts in order to use up some of my stash. I ended up using my Planner Society Kit supplies to make everything. This is perfect because I was beginning to doubt the kits were my style since I had no inspiration for them before now. When it was all done, I had a dashboard, two dividers, and one flyleaf for the back.


These are by far my favorite shots. I love to have lots of clips sticking out the top of my planner. And that planner girl... she is so charming! The best part of this dashboard may be the word stickers {Be True, Be Kind, Be Thankful, Be Fabulous, Be Giving, Be Fearless, Be You}.



Here are my two dividers and flyleaf. Yes, only two! I currently only need my weekly pages and a brain dump. It's a compact size so I am taking it slow in filling it to the max. You may not be able to see the labels but the calendar dividers says "#sheplans" and the notes divider says "#checkthat". The labeled tabs are the brainchild of Christy Tomlinson and she graciously included them in our October TPS kits. The flyleaf is to cover the zipper and I can use it for any miscellaneous stuff I need back there.


One more shot of my planner girl and the pockets I get to fill with pretties. I'm testing out my DIY inserts before attempting to share them here. If you have any favorites, I would love to hear about 'em.

I hope you enjoyed this introduction to my new planner. I'm feeling pretty hopeful I'll be able to make this one work for the long haul.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I completely agree but she may need a sister because I'm discovering why most choose the Personal over Compact size.

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com