Pages

10.10.2015

Something I Love

Hey There,

I hope you've been well. I love the change of seasons but not the allergies that come along with them. I've been sick twice within a week, just from spending time in the awesome weather.  Anywho, that's my reason for lack of #DMIO posts. I figured since I'm behind, that gives me license to choose from the topics I haven't covered. You can tell by the title what I chose but I'm changing it up a bit to include different areas of interest to me. 
Let's start with pens! I was once a hoarder of pens but at some point I realized keeping them in a bin was doing them no justice. I'm a bit more selective now and my collection has improved a lot. I have a few faves, such as the Flair Pens and Staedtlers, but my current go to is the Frixion Erasable pen! At the moment, these are the only pens I use (and don't share). I have never been a fan of my own handwriting so these have been my saving grace in my planners. 

Next in the lineup is my closet office {makeover}; does a makeover qualify? I hope so because I'm loving the process of pulling together my MomCave in a house of boys! I was inspired by the pastel movement but when I found my Kate Spade Gold/Hot-Pink Elyce Brag Book my color pallet developed quickly. My newest addition is a chandelier to replace my current lighting situation. As you can see, my lighting is very poor and inconsistent. If you want to see a few more sneak peeks, browse my planner layout posts or check me out on Instagram. I'm hoping to eventually do a full reveal but, as all things go ,it will take some time to complete. 

I'm including one more item off my list of current loves. As a mom of two young boys, personal enrichment can be vital to my emotional health. I'm fortunate enough to belong to a healthy, vibrant church that encourages community and discipleship. As such, the group of ladies I meet with regularly have started a new study by Priscilla Shirer called Breathe. I have read many books/studies in my time but never has a book transformed the dynamics of my family! I would  fall short of doing it any justice if I tried to explain it to you. Instead, if you feel disconnected, discouraged, or maybe misdirected I want to encourage you to take a look at this book. 

Well, that's it for tonight. This next week is Fall Break and my hubby took the time off too. So I'm either going to have extra time to write or be fighting for some free time to get it done. Either way, both of those is better than being sick in bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com